Friday, January 18, 2013

DragonSaga MMO - 1942 comes to mind...

  I tried out a new MMORPG today.  It is called DragonSaga.  It's good.  Not amazing but good...  The title was actually released a couple of years ago under the title Dragonica.  They appear to be the same exact game.  Maybe I am missing a hidden dragon world filled with endless riches and Pluto and crayons.  I doubt it. 

  The gameplay is quite good.  It is a sidescroller, arcade style, with four separate and distinct classes; warrior, mage, rogue, and archer I believe; varying from magic missiles to plunging a sword into the ground.  Damage is included and health bars and gold coins when defeated...

  The loot is pretty good.  Above average I would say.  The gameplay is instanced, which in my opinion, takes away from the adventure of the game - at least in this one.  There is out of instance, or world, hunting and questing, but I do not believe there is loot anywhere but on the completion of an instance.  Monsters or mobs do drop crafting items and the sort, but no real treasure is to be found anywhere but when defeating a boss.

The skills are pretty typical, average I would say, each class having their own unique skill tree.  I can't wait to see a game with an intricate loot system (customisable) and a skill tree adapted to super high levels. -(Like level 350)

No comments:

Post a Comment