Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Where my ninjas at

  Well... Realm of the Mad God!  Magic be thine enemy.  How placard thee. 

  This game does not boast much but packs quite a punch.  A very varied class decision system along with, initially, enticing loot.  When I first played I thought I would wind up dedicating a small part of life to this Mad God.  The gameplay is easy fun and the exploration is or seems to be sand-box - there are no skill trees and no guilds.  At first it seems to be an awesome game.

  Unfortunately the level cap is 20...  and there is no randomized loot, instead there are only eight or so weapons and armors per class for the whole shebang.  So just when the game is getting exciting, there is nothing to do except unlock character classes and try to get "end game" loot that matches everyone else's.

  What I would recommend would be to just put a little more time in on the treasure hunting algorithm and raise the level cap to 100 or so and the game would be super popular.  The graphics are so simple that it could not be too difficult to add a buttload of new weapons and possibly randomize their stat bonuses so that players could individualize themselves.  What I saw was potentially awesome and dynamic, but I was disappointed by the lack of exploration conduit. 

  The gameplay is simple and effective.  I've always been a fan of simple graphics, such as in The Legend of Zelda for the NES or The Illusion of Gaia for the SNES, and simple gameplay, recoiled, can be just as fun (ie: Gauntlet for the NES) - 8-bit FTW!

I believe that things got popular somewhere around Runescape and Ultima Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment