Monday, January 21, 2013

Ragnarok Online 2 - Emoticon Future

I, among many others, was very excited by the release of Open Beta Ragnarok Online 2.  I was also very disappointed.  The game does not really offer anything new or particularly interesting.  It feels like a game that I've played many times before. 

On the plus side -
  There is a card system.  Collect 'em all. 
  On level up one can upgrade base stats as well as skills.
  Frequent drops off of single monsters.

On the minus side -
  The controls are not so great; the camera is pushy and the graphics don't match the menu access.
  The loot is boring (Not much randomized...). Equipables especially.
  The skills are boring.
  The combat is bad.  I really would've played more.

All in all the game is O.K.  I would've liked to see more from such an anticipated sequel.

Here is a quick video I made -


No comments:

Post a Comment